amd64 and i386 server on the same box

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Wed Jul 11 10:51:49 CEST 2007

In my setup I'm running a 32bit nfsroot and I'm pxe booting with a 64bit
kernel (with 32bit support).  I can then install 64bit and 32bit
machines.  All from one nfsroot.  For older hardware (thus not
supporting 64bit) I boot my 32bit nfsroot with a 32bit kernel.

You just have to make sure that have the correct baseimage file untarred
during the installation and your sources.list have is setup correctly.

Have a look in the list archives, I sent several mails to get my setup
working!

Rudy