Running installation in a screen

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Wed Jul 4 10:45:05 CEST 2007

 > [...]

 >> Using screen might have advantages for remote install clients where
 >> you don't have physical console access.
 >
 > Indeed, but in fact you should rather fix your installation to run
 > non-interactively, so just kill the process and re-run the
 > installation :-)

Sure, but I would first have to know what to fix rather than guessing
it. You might be able to tell what process is hanging but you may still
not see why, i.e. what it's asking for.

Unfortunately, once in a while, there are packages which are not fully
optimized for unattended installation yet.

Regards,
Torsten