Running installation in a screen

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue Jul 3 11:06:40 CEST 2007

> Hi all!
>
> The suggestion has been made once to run the whole installation in a screen
> (man screen) so that one could ssh to the install client and connect to the
> console running the installation.
>
> Any idea where I had to put that screen command?

I guess nobody replied to that one yet ...

If you really want to capture all the output I think you will need to
modify/replace the script fai itself, which is called as an init substitute.

However, you will get most of the output if you enable full debugging using
FAI_FLAGS=debug and then look at /tmp/fai/fai.log.

HTH,