Problems setting up a node

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Feb 27 11:58:58 CET 2007

Hi all,

for quite some time I've been trying to set up a head node for one of our
clusters, basically cloning the setup for another machine (which installs
fine, from the same repositories and nfsroot).
I keep getting random MD5Sum errors, and sometimes even base.tgz doesn't
unpack cleanly.
At the moment, I'm suspecting the on-board network chip (Gilgal), or bad
memory.
I have run a 'find / -type f | xargs cat' over the whole nfsroot, and
found nothing :-( - apparently this rules out network problems.
Any idea how to localise the problem?

And BTW, is there a simple way to check the file integrity of a Debian
mirror repository?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/