Radeon problem (off-topic?)

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Tue Aug 21 00:51:57 CEST 2007

This probably has nothing to do with fai, but I'm getting desperate,
and there is a lot of wise poeple on this list, so here goes:

A have a lot of old computers with Radeon 9250 graphics (AGP). The have
worked just fine running sarge, but I can't get them to work with etch
(using the stock ati/radeon driver).

The screen goes black, the keybord freezes, and the X-server is
unkillable. I don't find any clues in the log files.

If I try the vesa driver everything works just fine, but thats
unfortunately not an option since some of the computers have 1680x1050
monitors (Samsung 215TW).

Any clues? Would the ATI priprietary driver work?

/Per