softupdate

Per Foreby perf at ddg.lth.se
Mon Aug 20 15:02:36 CEST 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 19 August 2007 17:41, Per Foreby wrote:
>> Everytime, until I run "aptitude update" (manually, or in the
>> softupdate hook as I described).
>
> Then aptitude update is not run and should be. IMO it would be good to have it
> in the simple examples.

Here is an update of the problem description:

With my extra "aptitude update" in te softupdate hook, the output looks
like this on consecutive softupdates:

Calling hook: softupdate.LTHBASE
preserving etc/apt/sources.list
preserving etc/apt/trusted.gpg
Get:1 ftp://ftp.ddg.lth.se etch Release.gpg [378B]
Fetched 5808kB in 3s (1744kB/s)
Reading package lists...
W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.ddg.lth.se etch Release: The following
signatures were i
nvalid: BADSIG 0FB2A45B5A214303 Datordriftgruppen LTH package signing
key <dpkg@
ddg.lth.se>
softupdate.LTHBASE   OK.
Calling task_softupdate
Calling task_mirror
Calling hook: debconf.LTHBASE
debconf.LTHBASE      OK.
Calling task_debconf
Calling task_updatebase
Updating base
Get:1 ftp://ftp.ddg.lth.se etch Release.gpg [378B]
Fetched 5808kB in 3s (1768kB/s)
Reading package lists...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading package lists...

The "aptitude update" from my hook fails, but the second run (in
updatebase) succeds.

This happens on consecutive souftupdates. However, if I run "aptitude
update" manually, then all errors are gone, and my extra update is
probably not needed.

So the question is: What's the difference between running the update in
the fai scripts, and running it on the command line. Caching, ...?

/Per