No kernel installed with amd64 setup

Vincent Batoufflet vincent at buf.fr
Fri Aug 10 14:56:00 CEST 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > I have a problem with my FAI setup. My FAI server is an i386 system and
>     > provide setup for both i386 and amd64 systems.
>
>     > My amd64 nfsroot was created on a amd64 system an copied on the server.
>     > FAI works fine with i386 setups. But with amd64 I have an error in my
>     > /var/log/fai/current/error.log at the end of the FAI setup.
>
>     > shell.log:ERROR: No kernel was installed. Have a look at shell.log
>     > software.log:Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
>     > "linux-image-486"
> Have a look at software.log and check if your client really belongs to
> the class AMD64 and not to I386.

The only noticeable error I have found in 'software.log' is: Couldn't
find any package whose name or description matched "linux-image-486",
the one reported in 'shell.log'.

In my /var/log/fai/current/FAI_CLASSES I have:

DEFAULT
LINUX
AMD64
FAIBASE
DHCPC
GRUB
work118
LAST

--
Vincent Batoufflet

Buf Compagnie
3 rue Roquepine 75008 Paris, FRANCE
tel +33 1 42 68 18 28 - fax +33 1 42 68 18 29