grub problem

Leif Tramann leif at tramann.de
Thu Aug 2 22:01:38 CEST 2007

Sorry for not wrinting in english...
(it seems to be an international comunity)

here is my Problem:

On my first testclient i realized an installation via fai. While
rebooting I get Grub error 15 (File not found) when I use the following
disk_connfig:
disk_config disk1
primary     /boot     200        rw         ; ext2 boot
logical     swap      1000       rw
logical     /         10000-     rw         ; -j ext3

And I get Grub error 17 (Cannot mount selected partition) when I use the
following disk_connfig:
disk_config disk1
#primary     /boot     200        rw         ; ext2 boot
primary     swap      1000       rw
primary     /         10000-     rw         ; -j ext3

generated fstab (last connfig):
/dev/hda2    /                 ext3          rw               0 1
/dev/hda1    none              swap          rw               0 0
none         /proc             proc          rw,nosuid,noexec 0 0
/dev/fd0     /floppy  	       auto          users,noauto     0 0
/dev/hdc     /media/cdrom0     udf,iso9660   ro,user,noauto   0 0

error.log (last connfig):
fai.log:/usr/lib/fai/get-boot-info: line 66: killall: command not found
fai.log:mount: can't get address for coruscant
fai.log:/usr/lib/fai/subroutines: line 219: rdate: command not found
fai.log:Loading keymap(s) us-latin1 ...findkeymap: No such file or
directory
fai.log:WARNING: ssh -l fai bamboo failed. Can't call fai-chboot on the
install server.
shell.log:/var/lib/fai/config/files/boot/grub/menu.lst/postinst: line
13: grub-install: command not found
shell.log:Can't open /tmp/target/boot/grub/device.map
coruscant: install server
bamboo: dhcp server (different to coruscant)
BTW:logmonitor doesn't work

I have no idea what to do.

Leif