Parallel FAI installations for sarge and etch on a sarge machine

Tue Apr 17 16:34:38 CEST 2007

    > i am wondering if there is a way to have FAI for sarge and etch on one server.
Sure, no problem.

make-fai-nfsroot has the option  -c CFDIR
      Use CFDIR as configuration directory. Default is /etc/fai.

Just create and use /etc/fai-etch for etch. In FAI 3 you can also use
templates for fai-chboot. For e.g I'm using:

> fai-chboot -l
[Template]                  csetch.tmpl          install vmlinuz-2.6.18-fai-kernels
[Template]                  cssarge.tmpl         install vmlinuz-install

> fai-chboot -vc csetch suenner
copy pxe config from csetch to suenner (865F098E)

In csetch.tmpl you can define another nfsroot.
When upgrading your config space (and FAI) from 2.X to 3.X please read
the file NEWS! It describes important changes.