fcopy exits with an error if file is not updated because its up2date

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Fri Apr 13 21:04:27 CEST 2007

> Hi,
>
> fcopy exits with an error if a file is not updated because its up2date, I
> believe that is a bug. Because everything _is_ ok.
>
> So I used to always do "fcopy -i foo", which today I have changed to "fcopy
> foo || true" - which at least will tell me in the logs that something is
> wrong. But I would prefer not to get an exitcode!=0 from fcopy in the first
> place.
>
> Opinions?

At least I'd also consider it a somewhat strange behaviour; but I can't say for
sure whether this is a bug or a feature; Henning or Thomas definitively had a
reason for implementing it that way.

However, I'd argue for some further command line parameter (I know, fcopy
already has quite a lot...) or some environment variable to make fcopy not exit
with an error in that special case.

Best,