fcopy exits with an error if file is not updated because its up2date

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Fri Apr 13 12:34:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

fcopy exits with an error if a file is not updated because its up2date, I
believe that is a bug. Because everything _is_ ok.

So I used to always do "fcopy -i foo", which today I have changed to "fcopy
foo || true" - which at least will tell me in the logs that something is
wrong. But I would prefer not to get an exitcode!=0 from fcopy in the first
place.

Opinions?

BTW: the fcopy manpage says "OPTIONS      Options -c, -s, -t  (or  their
analog  variables)  and  a  SOURCE  are required."
 This is not true anymore.

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: resent because I have not received it on the list.