script failed but no error message

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Sep 28 12:52:47 CEST 2006

On 9/28/06, Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> [...]
>     chroot /tmp/target hwclock --utc --systohc || true

That works but it's kind of dirty, it will also be true if there is a
real error on real hardware.

> It will always succeed and return no error code.

As I said, because we want (and actually do) support Xen installs with
dirinstall, it would be just nice to add some (it's maybe 3 )
additional scripts in simple examples for the class XENU, because
otherwise you get a xen install which runs, but is not really "clean"
and nice.

I have these scripts ready (they mainly include work from multiple
other people), it's not more work. (you get them when I am at home).

If you don't want to add XENU, because the examples get less simple
than, it would be better to find out how hwclock can be made to output
a proper error message when it fails so one know what's causing the
error. (this should be done in any case).

Henning