Build nfs root for Woodcrest

Wed Sep 13 16:30:22 CEST 2006

    > - a new kernel has to be used (for support of newer e1000 chips, and
    > 	Areca RAID controllers)
fai-kernels 1.12 includes the 2.6.17 kernel. It that ok for you?

    > - it has to be a complete x86_64 installation

    > - etch for x86_64 is still incomplete
I know. Since today I only tested the FAI packages (even FAI 3 beta20)
on sarge machines. I will start with etch support tomorrow but it will
take some days to find all quirks in etch.

    > What I need now are suggestions how to build a nfsroot that uses etch
    > (and possibly fill in missing parts from sarge?).
Using make-fai-nfsroot -c you can specify a different dir for /etc/fai
(e.g /etc/fai-etch)