package postgresql fail

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Mon Sep 11 20:56:38 CEST 2006

> >Ok, I think I've found the reason for your problems: postgresql.postinst
> uses
> >start-stop-daemon to run the script that runs initdb. But
> start-stop-daemon is a
> >diverted by fai throughout the installation to keep daemons from
> starting.
>
> Is it possible to change to the normal start-stop-daemon with a hook
> script and if yes, how?

You might be able to do it as follows:

- Remove postgresql from your package_config/<bla>
- add a shell-script in scripts/ somewhat like the following:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/lib/fai/fai-divert -R

$ROOTCMD apt-get install postgresql
$ROOTCMD /etc/init.d/postgresql stop

/usr/lib/fai/fai-divert -a /sbin/init /usr/sbin/liloconfig /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d
/usr/lib/fai/fai-divert -a /etc/init.d/nis /sbin/start-stop-daemon /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d

HTH,