package postgresql fail

markus.witt at arz.co.at markus.witt at arz.co.at
Thu Sep 7 16:01:56 CEST 2006

>    > All i see in log files is that the start of postgres get fail (ok
it's
>    > dosn't matter)
>This is not a bug, it's a feature of FAI (an other installers).
>FAI does not allow to start daemons inside the chroot during
>installation. Therefore we faked the start-stop-daemon program. IMO
>that's the reason why postgresql can't be set up properly.

>Force postresql to start its daemon maybe by executing the original
>start-stop-daemon command inside the nfsroot (its:
>/sbin/start-stop-daemon.distrib).

That postgres is not starting at installation is ok, but no initdb that's
bad.

When i try with chroot /tmp/target , su postgres , initdb  fails becouse
of existing files in /var/lib/postgres/data

I have no idea why initdb script is not running at fai aptitude
installation.
My favorite is to do all before booting.

regards

markus

Disclaimer:
Diese Nachricht dient ausschließlich zu Informationszwecken und ist nur
für den Gebrauch des Empfängers bestimmt.

This message is only for informational purposes and is intended solely for
the use of the addressee.