FAI on compaq alpha?

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Thu Sep 7 13:36:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:36, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > I would like to ask you if FAI works on Compaq Alpha AXP platform
>     > based clusters?
> Is this normal Alpha architecture? IMO it should be possible. You only
> have to write a hook for the partitioning, but that's easy. FAI is
> very generic except for the boot loader and partitioning part.

As Thomas said, you might need to do some little work (please share it), but
it is possible and has been done. Unfortunatly I couldnt find the web page
that used to be there, describing how. But by now it should have been
outdated anyway.

> Also have a look at this bug:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=330915 IMO This bug is
> wrong. It's not completly broken, you just have to write the hooks and
> compile an install kernel.

Please also share the kernel config you used.

regards,
	Holger