FAI MultiDistro

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Oct 19 13:23:06 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> wrote:

Ah, there you are - please don't see my question for you configspace
as offense, but just an open question in case you are listing :)

> [...]
> it's easy to create a minimal base.tar.gz from sles9 via yast "Install to Dir"
> feature.

How "minimal" is that then?

> SLES10 doesn't have this minimal installation template anymore.

Yeah, the SuSE people obvioulsy don't need chroots without KDE :)

OpenSuSE 10.1 (I have no enterprise license) has it, you can select
someting lebelled "minmal" in the dirinstall GUI,  but the resulting
image is 580 MB! :(
I had only failures, troubles and wasted time trying to shrink that.

Fedora minmal chroot is very straightforward with yum...

Henning