Building VServers with FAI

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Wed Nov 1 17:29:57 CET 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 14:15, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:
> I'm trying to build VServers (www.linux-vservers.org) with the help of FAI
> and noticed, that there is a script
> "/usr/lib/util-vserver/vserver-build.fai" from Sam Vilain, which is
> distributed with debian etch.

where in etch did you fid this script, in which package? (i doubt its in
etch..)

> I found a patch that makes 'grep -qw VIRTUAL "$FAI_NFSROOT/usr/sbin/fai"'
> become true (please correct me, if I missed something).

vserver-build.fai is in its early state of development and requires Sam
Vilains branch of fai. (For reasons I failed to understand.)

I just use the normal debootstrap build method for vservers and then run fai
softupdate on top. Works great :)

> Is there a special VServer edition of FAI floating around?

I happily use fai with vservers with the good old 2.8.4 version :) But I'm
using softupdates...

regards,
	Holger