speaking of classes and softupdate...

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Wed May 24 09:24:46 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 14:07, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I don't even know about the goal of the FAI_CLASSES file - I'm always
> using the -N switch...

Hmm.  I use fai softupdate and rely on the fact that the classes are in
FAI_CLASSES - I'll get problems otherwise:  I define local printers in this
way, by just adding the classes to /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES and running fai
softupdate.  (Yes, I'll lose that on a reinstall, but that occurs rarely
enopugh to not worry me - computers and printers get shifted around
anyway.)

Is there a proper way?

cheers
-- vbi

--
GNU itself stands for 'GNU's Not Unix', which is a recursively defined
acronym where G actually stands for 'GNU'. Recursion (where a subroutine