speaking of classes and softupdate...

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue May 23 16:18:11 CEST 2006

> I'm a bit irritated about fai's use of /var/log/fai/FAI_CLASSES in
> softupdate.  Shouldn't this be stored in something
> like /var/lib/fai/FAI_CLASSES?

If it's used for loogin purposes only, it should be in /var/log/...

> Just a minor issue, but I usually expect to be able to wipe old files
> on /var/log without any conseuquences for the system.

Right, if it's used for more than logging, it should be somewhere else.
If stuff in /var/log is needed for running the program, this is a bug in my opinion. And it's not so minor. Everything should be at an appropriate place!

Henning