Kubuntu fai 2.9.1 problem

Andreas Sindermann sinder at thp.Uni-Koeln.DE
Tue May 2 12:04:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

currently I'm doing some experiments with Kubuntu 6.06 beta 2
(dapper). I'm trying to install the i386 version of Kubuntu on my
Athlon64 machines to avoid the 32bit-chroot environment that is needed
by a number of programs (acroread, firefox plugins and others).

fai-2.9.1 is coming with this distribution (all fai packages except
the fai-kernels, but this is not a problem) and a strange issue occurs
after setting up /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf, /etc/fai/fai.conf and
/etc/fai/sources.list:

'make-fai-nfsroot' stops with the following message which I don't
understand at all:

[...]
Setting up fai-client (2.9.1) ...
Setting up fai-nfsroot (2.9.1) ...

Configuration file `/etc/dhcp3/dhclient-script'
 ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** dhclient-script (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing fai-nfsroot (--configure):
 EOF on stdin at conffile prompt
 fai-nfsroot
Removing `local diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe to /sbin/discover-modprobe.distrib'
root at l41:/usr/lib/fai#

Does anybody see why it doesn't simply select the default action
(leave everything as is) and continues?

Andreas