Grub and XFS Problem during installation with FAI

Ralf Matulat ralf at laosnet.de
Sun Mar 26 14:57:06 CEST 2006

Hello,
first of all: Thank you for this piece of software. I started with FAI
yesterday and got the thing up and running in a pretty short time :-)

But now I am discovering some problems with xfs durinf installation:

- I am using FAI 2.8.4sarge1
- in a vmware testing environment.

The example/simple scripts are working very well for me, but changing
the fstype to xfs in disk_config/FAIBASE let hang up the GRUB/10-setup.

I investigated a little bit and it looks like the 'grub-install' is
having some problems with xfs.

Changing the fstype of / to ext3 solves the problem, but maybe its
possible to run / with xfs too.

Best regards,
Ralf