fai version

Cedric BRINER work at infomaniak.ch
Wed Mar 22 17:03:55 CET 2006

hi,

I do have two question:

1) is there some motivation to install the latest version of fai which is 2.9.1
when I'm having the stock one from debian (2.8.4)

2) how to try step by step the scripts files, because they are giving a lot of
errors, when they actually run smoothly on FAI_ACTION=install.

I feel that there is maybe a program which setup an environment to step by step
test the scripts. Unfortunately, I haven't found such things. And after digging
a little bit, I'm in the following state to test fcopy:
    mount -t nfs obsfai:/export/diskA1/fai/active /fai
    export target=/
    export FAI=/fai
    fcopy -B -m backup,backup,0644 /etc/amandahosts
    fcopy: no matching file for any class for etc/amandahosts defined.

So I havent yet, re-read the class info from /var/lib/fai..
what should I do to test it ?

and some other examples:

- FAIBASE/20-save_diskvar
executing    shell: FAIBASE/20-save_diskvar
FAIBASE/20-save_diskvar FAILED with exit code 1.

- APP/10-app
Executing    shell: APP/10-app
APP/10-app           FAILED with exit code 1.

when the code is...
   #! /bin/sh

   # file: APP/10-app
   # Cedric BRINER
   error=0 ; trap "error=$((error|1))" ERR

   fcopy -MB /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
   fcopy -m root,root,0755 /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so

   exit $error

I'm really happy with fai, but I have to admit that I spent a lot of time in
testing the scripts.

regards

Ced.

--