first public release of fai-updater

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 22 11:33:05 CET 2006

Moin,
I've written a small tool, which lets you start and supervise
'fai softupdate' on a group of machines simultaneously. It's been in use at
my department to maintain all the 150 clients for over a year now, so I
consider it stable.
To limit the network load, only a fixed number of updates are kept running at
the same time, you can specify this number on the command line.
The Curses UI shows you quite clearly the status of each individual host, I
put some screenshots into the wiki.

You can get it at
http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Fai-updater
together with a bit of usage information.

--
c u
henning