nfsroot boot problems

Gavin Tran gavintran at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:59:10 CET 2006

> > the kernel complains
> >
> > IP-Config : No network devices available.
> >
> > Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 192.168.0.100
> > portmap : RPC call returned error 101
> > Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using
> default.
It seemed that your card have not been detected by the FAI kernel.
Does your machine have Firewire 1394. If it does, try to turn it off
in BIOS. It may interfere the other card.

There's a lot of troubles since using Gigabit Ethernet card in
installing FAI. I had that trouble  with Marvell Yukon Gigabit when
trying to booting up FAI. Some stuff didn't work well with the driver.
So i added some Megabit-based card to accomplish that task.
But i think there's no problem with Intel-based card.

--
Gavin Tran