Difficulties installing on ich7 chipset motherboard

Jan Marquardt jm at artfiles.de
Tue Jun 27 13:38:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

we also had a problem with installing ICH7-boxes by FAI. As far as i can
remember the problem only appears when installing on SATA devices. This
problem was solved by adding ata_piix to the line

2.6*) kernelmodules="$kernelmodules usbhid usbmouse ide-generic ata_piix

at /usr/local/share/fai/class/20-hwdetect.source

Regards,

Jan