Difficulties installing on ich7 chipset motherboard

John Allman allmanj at cp.dias.ie
Tue Jun 27 14:01:00 CEST 2006

Jan Marquardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we also had a problem with installing ICH7-boxes by FAI. As far as i can
> remember the problem only appears when installing on SATA devices. This
> problem was solved by adding ata_piix to the line
>
> 2.6*) kernelmodules="$kernelmodules usbhid usbmouse ide-generic ata_piix

It is indeed a sata device that we're trying to install on. However, we
already have that line in the
/usr/local/share/fai/class/20-hwdetect.source file:

    2.6*) kernelmodules="$kernelmodules usbhid usbmouse ide-generic
mptspi ata_piix" ;;

and i can confirm that the ata_piix module is loaded...

Thanks,

John