Windows Partition has to be preserved

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue Jun 13 21:50:19 CEST 2006

> > Hi there,
> >
> > i have the following problem.
> >
> > We have a running Windows-system here, with three partitions. One primary,
> > two logical. A forth logical one is reserved for the Debian installation
> > with FAI.
> >
> > My config-file looks like that:
> >
> > disk_config disk1
> >
> > primary     -         preserve1     ro
> > primary     /         50-10000     rw;error=remount-ro     ;-j ext3
> > logical      -          preserve5     ro
> > logical     -             preserve6     ro ;
> > logical     swap     1000
> > logical     /home     50-             rw                             ;-j
> > ext3

[...]

So we saw those negative numbers in the sfdisk script; is it possible at all for
FAI to fit the above scheme onto the disk? As you say, you've already got 1
primary and 2 logical partitions on your disk. Does the underlying extended
partition already occupy the whole disk?

Thanks,
Michael

PS.: This may also be a situation setup_harddisks currently can't handle, but
I'm not sure on this one.