cfengine error during fai-based install

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Jun 8 09:41:36 CEST 2006

> Hallo Michael!
>
> Yes, im sure squid is successful installed include running the postinst
> script.
> The Part which I did not posted works successful with cfengine.
> I replace strings in the squid.conf with ReplaceAll. Like:
> ReplaceAll "^\# http\_port 3128" With "http_port 8080"

What about some script that runs before your first cfengine attempt and backups
/etc/squid/squid.conf somewhere such that you can later try to run cfengine
manually on the backuped version?

> In the last days i try to setup cgengine2 to resolve the problem. but
> cfengine2 wont not successful install with fai or after the first
> reboot. i use this to install cfengine correctly, but not beautiful but
> works:
> apt-get install cfengine2
> agt-get remove cfengine2
> apt-get install cfengine2 <- now dpkg starts to configure cfengine !

Which version of cfengine2 are you trying to install (stable/testing/unstable)?
What is the exact error message?

Regards,