debootstrap: security updates

Christoph Mitasch christoph.mitasch at fh-hagenberg.at
Mon Jan 30 20:46:09 CET 2006

Hi!

>     > When calling make-fai-nfsroot debootstrap installs some base debian
>     > packages but does not take security updates into account.
>     > "...debootstrap $FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS $1 $NFSROOT $2..."
>
>     > Is there a way to get debootstrap to include security updates from
>     > security.debian.org?
> debootstrap itself can not use security.debian.org, because it only
> uses one URI. But make-fai-nfsroot is doing and update;upgrade, so it
> should work if you include security.... in /etc/fai/sources.list.
> --
> regards Thomas

security.debian.org was already included in /etc/fai/sources.list.
The security updates for the packages fetched via debootstrap are not
included.

I checked $NFSROOT/var/tmp/base.tgz. My impression was, that it does not
include packages from security.debian.org.

Now I have a new problem that I think is related to my security updates
troubles. Today I created a new fai-mirror and afterwards a new fai-cd.

When I try to install with the new FAI-CD it fails because there is a
conflict between a package from the base repository (without security
updates) and a package from security.debian.org that is trying to be
installed.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Christoph