experimental fai-multi-distribution packages

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Jan 26 09:11:29 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 09:26 +0200, karl shaul wrote:
>    Perhaps the "normal" fai has reached the point that a contrib directory is
> in place. By that I mean a directory which will include scripts and patches
> that enhance the  "normal" fai and which the upstream author, which is
> the debian maintainer in this case, is not willing to support.
>   Note that I didn't look whether fai-multi-distribution is not too big to be
> distributed as patches to the normal fai.

Perhaps you should look at the code and at the documentation I pointed
to. I took extra care so the changes to fai itself are minimal, (very
minor changes in subroutines-linux) and most additional stuff is
distributed in an extra package.

It is also 100% backwards compatible to FAI 2.9.

> I do believe that distributing
> patches to convert the normal fai to fai-multi-distribution can help fai* users
> and developers.

What do you think is missing? If you're curious and want to look into
the details of the packages, You can get everything in Subversion, as
pointed to in the documentation, anybody who wants to easily install it
in some simple steps, gets it readily packaged. I thought that is
enough, but if you think I should provide a diff to the unchanged FAI
2.9, that's no problem at all.

Henning