error loading shared libraries

Sat Jan 21 05:17:38 CET 2006

    >> /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/sbin/lilo.real: error while loading shared
    >> libraries:  libdevmapper.so.1.01: cannot open shared object file:
    >> No such file or directory
    >> lilo failed.
This is a general problem. Newer version of a command may need a
library that's not available on the server system but only inside the
nfsroot. So calling it the way make-fai-bootfloppy is doing may fail.
IIRC at some certain time I needed a newer lilo version to work with
make-fai-bootfloppy but the charoot approach didn't work. I don't
remember why. That's why I choosed the current code for calling lilo
inside the nfsroot which will always fail if this version need a libc
version that's not available on the install server.