Install nodes with re-configured kernel image

Gavin Tran gavintran at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 16:21:23 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm building a beowulf in which nodes supposed to use the
re-configured kernel image made with make-kpkg.

I've put the following lines into /fai/class/FAIBASE.var

addpackages="kernel-image-2.6.8-fai_2_i386"
# parameters for the kernel
kappend=''

In /fai/package_config/DEFAULT,

PACKAGES install I386
memtest86+
kernel-image-2.6-386

But after install it seems that the clients installed with fresh
kernel-image via apt-get.

How can i install my clients with re-configured kernel-image ? The
fresh kernel-image has some trouble with my hardware.

Thanks in advance

--
Gavin Tran