get sata disk on ibm t43 as sda

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sat Jan 7 21:05:25 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 00:10 +0100, Henning Sprang wrote:
> [...]
> cool. added
>
> modprobe ata_piix
>
> at the very start of 20-hwdetect.source, built a custom FAI kernel with
> the necessary modules (there where still some needed, the kernel is
> compatible with the other machines) and it worked fine.

Tested again with another install server - the modification of
20-hwdetect.source seems to be enough. fai-kernels 1.10.1 seem to do the
job.

But, probably as a result of initrd creation problems (Holger mentioned
something like that), Debian sarge and Ubuntu hoary fail to install on
that machine. Ubuntu Breezy installs well.
For me O.K. at the time being, but anybody else who tries should be
prepared...

Henning