Post-install boot with same kernel used to install?

Brian Showalter bshowalter at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 23:55:25 CET 2006

I'm now able to proceed through the entire FAI install on a Dell 1855
blade.  However, when I reboot I get a kernel panic when it can't
find the /dev/console device.  I also noticed that the Fusion MPT
drivers that are necessary for the 1855's RAID controller aren't
found as well.

What's the best way to get FAI to install a custom kernel that will
be used to boot the machine after the installation is completed?  I
followed the steps in the fai-kernels README to create a custom
2.6.14 kernel that I use for the PXE boot and initial install.  How
do I set up that package to be installed and used for normal booting?

Thanks.