Strange problem with fai-mirror not finding the kernel package from my mirror

henning henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Jan 4 20:38:15 CET 2006

Hi,
I am on my way to build a fai-cd I realize that fai-mirror. No a strange
thing happens:

After my installs fail, I saw that there is no kernel-image on my
fai-cd. Digging deeper I see, that the kernel-image isn't in the
fai-mirror, also.

The strange thing is: the package is definitely on my mirror, and when
chrooting into the nfsroot, I can also see the kernel package with
apt-cache, I can even install it int the nfsroot. Still, fai-mirror,
using the exact same sources.list from /etc/fai insists to say:

WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list:
kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386 x-window-system

Any ideas what I could try or change?

Henning