FAI for AMD64, current status?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Feb 8 14:12:02 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:33:37PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running etch on a 2*2 Opteron box, and tried to set up FAI (mainly to
> > create a nfsroot to be able to rebuild this box afterwards) - but fai
> > seems to be uninstallable at the moment. Should I go for non-Debian FAI
> > packages?

dpkg -i of the .deb files found in the FAI download area doesn't work as
well. I guess, with the (lib)apt dependency unresolved, using the tar.gz
files would fail as well...

> ... Which is most probably not FAI's fault - which package makes it
> uninstallable? As far as I can remember, libapt-pkg-perl caused trouble at our
> site.

Exactly. There's only a "stable" version referenced on pdo.
There seems to be a large inconsistency within the whole apt* range.

Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de