fcopy

Janning Vygen vygen at planwerk6.de
Tue Dec 5 15:46:35 CET 2006

Hi,

i have read the fcopy man page and didn't find a hint on the following
problem:

If i fcopy a file which is alread there with same content, but the file in
SOURCE has other file access permissions, why it is not copied?

I even tried to set the permissions with -m but no way. If the file is given
and has the same content, nothing is copied but "preserved" as fcopy states.

I would expect fcopy to copy the file if anything like content or permissions
has changed. Ok, it is somewhat explaind in the -p option but i don't have a
changelog file.

I have no nfsroot and no cvs, i just rsync my /fai to the remote server and
run 'fai -N softupdate'. And if i change file access permissions they are not
copied which is bad in my opinion.

Why does fcopy compares files only literally?

kind regards
Janning