changing the default base.tgz

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Tue Apr 11 21:07:19 CEST 2006

> Hello list,
>
> i'm trying to install our heavily customized Ubuntu
> on a bunch of laptops using FAI and the extra fai-
> distributions package. I've successfully created a
> customized base.tgz but since it's named after
> the disatribution (base-flap.tgz) i doesn't get used
> by the installation process. Is there a way to customize
> the name of the base image? It _seems_ to be hardcoded
> in subroutines-linux, function 'task_extrbase'.

Ok, IMHO there are a few things to note here:

- Why do you need to customize base.tgz at all?
- If it is really required, why don't you just manually replace the base.tgz
  file?
- It is hardcoded there as it doesn't make sense anywhere else, but you could
  simply replace extrbase by a hook that does the same things apart from the
  different filename and an additional "skiptask extrbase"

HTH,