fai & nfsroot

Cedric BRINER work at infomaniak.ch
Wed Sep 28 15:27:22 CEST 2005

hello again,

I worked a lot on it, and finally was able to run a debian on it : )

but to talk about FAI, I have few questions:
1) is it possible to launch a kernel with pxe, which was compiled with an initrd ?
because, I've tried to compile the 2.6.12 kernel with the ata_piix module in builtins but the kernel never detect correctly the sda disk : (

1.1) is it possible that a module of a kernel will only work as a module (and not as builtins). Or maybe I should add an other config to make this ata_piix works correctly ?

2) I saw that e100 was the module required with my devices. But when I compiled it as builtins it did not discover correctly the device... at the end I've checked all the possible modules for builtins motherboard chipset. In that way the the ethernet card was discovered, and in the dmesg there was some infos saying that the e100 discover _that_ device.

thank you

Ced.

--

Cedric BRINER