fai & nfsroot

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Tue Sep 20 21:39:09 CEST 2005

[...]
Did you get an IP address? I had one of my systems fail today with the
same message because it could not connect to the NFS-server.

>> What's your exact kernel command line?
> make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot -rev toshiba1 --initrd kernel_image
>
> but which steps should I do after the make-kpkg
> give the fresh new kernel to make-fai-nfsroot.conf
> make-fai-nfsroot
> fai-chboot -IFv toshiba_hostname

I've never used fai-chboot, but if this worked for you before, that should
be alright.

If the above isn't the cause for your error, you might try to build a new
kernel based on fai-kernels.

Regards,