fai-mirror bugs: conflicting packages and relative directories

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Sat Sep 10 08:54:17 CEST 2005

	I am not sure whether these are bugs, but I thought I would report
them.

	0. I have two package lists with conflicting packages. In
package_config/EMACS I have:

PACKAGES install
emacs

and in package_config/EMACS-NOX I have:
PACKAGES install
emacs-nox

	Now if I type

fai-mirror -v -cEMACS,EMACS-NOX /tmp/mirror

	the script fails when calculating the dependencies:

or been moved out of Incoming.

  emacs21: Conflicts: emacs21-nox but 21.4a-1 is to be installed
  emacs21-nox: Conflicts: emacs21
--

	I guess this happens because fai-mirror uses apt-get to download
the packages, and apt-get does not know that it is being used only to

	1. The call to apt-move fails if we use a relative path, I think:

fai-mirror -v -cEMACS ./mirror-bug

	fails with the following message:

Calling apt-move
cd: 1869: can't cd to ./mirror-bug/aptcache/var/lib/apt/lists
Unknown error: getfiles: 2.

	Are these known bugs? Am I doing something wrong?

- Paul