/TECH/ NIS install, fai scripts?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Oct 25 20:00:54 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 12:58 -0400, Dan B. Phung wrote:
> [...]
> >from what I understand, to do:
>
>   fcopy -i /etc/passwd /etc/groups /etc/shadow
>
> I need the directories in FAI/files/etc/{passwd,groups,shadow} and
> in each, I need to have a file with the name of the class that
> is installed.  Is that correct?  ...and the contents of the
> file are the contents of my actual file (ie, my /etc/passwd)

That sounds completely correct.
And you need a script in the scripts directory, either named like the
class to be installed, or in a directory under scripts, named like the
class to be installed, and in that directory you can have any number of
scripts, names starting with XX where xx is a number, which sets the
exceution order. These scripts nmust be executable, though. You see in
the log file if they get executed, look at shell.log.

What happens in your case now?
Are you sure the classes are correctly defined?
Are there any errors in the logfile?

Henning