image transfer problem

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Sun Nov 13 17:44:31 CET 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:59:42PM -0000, lorenzo118 at interfree.it wrote:

> Hi,
> I configured and installed FAI succesfully on the master of my (future) beowulf cluster. I'm trying to install first client: it get the dhcp offer, it continues the installation until this problem:
>

>           -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>            Fully Automatic Installation for debian GNU/Linux
>            FAI 2.8,  9 apr 2005               Copyright  (c)  1999-2005
>
>            Thomas Lange                   <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>
>            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Calling task_confdir
> Kernel parameters: ip=dhcp devfs=nomount  FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,syslogd BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz-install
> Reading /tmp/fai/boot.log
>

> At this point it halts, after a while  it writes:
>
> Mount: RPC: Remote System Error - Connection Timed Out
> WARNING: directorty /fai/class not found.

by default, the dhcp server which returned info on request will be used as
NFS server. If you want to use another one, use the next-server option in
dhcp.conf

Check whether your NFS server would export the fai directory to the
newly assigned (by dhcp) address.

Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de
* e-mail: steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de * +49-331-567-{fon:7233,fax:7298}
No Word/PPT mails - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html