image transfer problem

lorenzo118 at interfree.it lorenzo118 at interfree.it
Fri Nov 11 16:59:42 CET 2005

Hi,
I configured and installed FAI succesfully on the master of my (future) beowulf cluster. I'm trying to install first client: it get the dhcp offer, it continues the installation until this problem:

           Fully Automatic Installation for debian GNU/Linux
           FAI 2.8,  9 apr 2005               Copyright  (c)  1999-2005

           Thomas Lange                   <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

Calling task_confdir
Kernel parameters: ip=dhcp devfs=nomount  FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,syslogd BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz-install
Reading /tmp/fai/boot.log

At this point it halts, after a while  it writes:

Mount: RPC: Remote System Error - Connection Timed Out
WARNING: directorty /fai/class not found.

and then there is black screen.
Any suggestion? What is the file /tmp/fai/boot.log? And where is /fai/class? Under /usr/local/share there is my /fai/class directory, with all files edited starting from your beowulf example, is it this?
Thank you
Lorenzo Campo

Visita http://domini.interfree.it, il sito di Interfree dove trovare
soluzioni semplici e complete che soddisfano le tue esigenze in Internet,
ecco due esempi di offerte:

-  Registrazione Dominio: un dominio con 1 MB di spazio disco +  2 caselle
   email a soli 18,59 euro
-  MioDominio: un dominio con 20 MB di spazio disco + 5 caselle email
   a soli 51,13 euro

Vieni a trovarci!

Lo Staff di Interfree