fai 2.8.3 skipping packages?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu May 26 09:11:09 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:04:15PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > BTW:
> > I expect 2.8.4 to destroy my local setup again since the automated patching
> > of fai.conf etc would no longer work :-( and it's little fun to find
> > such changes the hard way.
> >
> If you are willing to track all changes, you could ask Thomas to add your email
> address to his CVS-commit list -- that might help.

Another idea: what about a fai-devel list? (not that I'm a developer
myself - I didn't even make it to the workshop at Geilenkirchen, but
I'd be willing to follow development a bit more closely, while still
too lazy to diff all the stuff myself)
Thomas?

> > Thanks for helping - if I had stayed with 2.6.x this would not have
> > happened (for the old error line would have shown up in error.log,
> > who reads the full log files?)
> Although 2.6.x would not have led to such (maybe?) strange behaviour, it would
> instead not have installed any packages, as the whole load of packages was then
> installed at once and that command would have failed the same way.

Sure, but I would have found it at first glance.

> http://www.godslayer.org/pics/computers_46.php

In the era of cloning (and man trying to to ${DEITY}'s job), this picture
merely shows Linux's flexibility :-)

Cheers,
 Steffen