proper reboot

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed May 25 15:09:08 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 08:38:51AM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Hi,
>     > what's the canonical way to reboot a machine after installation, if it had
>     > been configured using "fai-chboot -F" instead of "-B" ?
>     > Would a simple 'reboot' command do any major or minor harm?
>     > (I could simply press ENTER at the console but I cannot reach it...)
> Use faireboot. For changing the fai-chboot settings the task chboot
> was called before. task chboot will change your PXE settings, so the
> next time the install client will boot from local disk.

Thanks. That one slipped my mind. (too :-( )

Shouldn't the last output line (going to the console and to fai.log
which one would usually watch), instead of

	Press <RETURN> to reboot or ctrl-c to execute a shell

say

	Press <RETURN> at the console or run "faireboot" to reboot

(the ctrl-c item did never work for me, but at the console there is tty2
anyway, and if accessing remotely it's pointless) ?

Cheers,
 Steffen