fai 2.8.3 skipping packages?

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Wed May 25 11:49:20 CEST 2005

> Hi,
>
> before filing a bug against fai (2.8.3) I'd like to ask here whether I'm
> making stupid mistakes again...
>
> (Before I start: this did work before, with 2.6.x.)
>
> I'm trying to install a lot of packages (this is a server that gets
> backed up by Tivoli and has some 3ware controller in it, so among the
> packages to install there are tivsm-api and tivsm-ba, and 3dm2 - which
> are located in files/packages and properly indexed into Packages.gz).

[...]

Are there any lines starting with "WARNING:" ? Were all the other packages
listed in the line containing tivsm properly installed?

As this is a "local" package, you won't find a "Get:...." line for it, but you
should find an "Unpacking ..." line. Still, it is possible that a bunch of
packages has not been installed, because one of them was missing from the
archive. Then you would find lines like

E: Broken packages
ERROR: 25600 25600

Please check those for such lines.