FAI behaviour changed?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue May 24 15:54:14 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 02:40:03PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > But another minor thing showed up: sometimes it would be handy to 'patch'
> > the current setup - not using cfengine but simple patch. Could it be added
> > to the nfsroot setup by default?
> >
> [...]
>
> Did you really want to say "nfsroot"
yes
  or did you mean the configuration space?
that comes next

  If
> I got that right, that would mean another directory besides files,debconf,
  etc.

If done the FAI way, yes. For the moment, it would be great to have "patch"
available in the NFS root so I can do things like

	cd $target/... ; patch -bp1 < patch.from.somewhere

instead of twisting my brain to get the patch into a chroot environment

> Still, we need to consider some more things:
>
> - we need some kind of "fpatch"
> - how to match the patch and the file to patch? We could either have a directory
>   structure as with fcopy or a flat system. This would probably be similar to
>   the debconf-directory.

Sure, that would be the FAI way.

Steffen