debconf autoconfiguration

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Wed May 4 13:13:51 CEST 2005

[...]

> Alright, thanks a lot!
>
> Could you say me a little bit about this bug?
> Is it from FAI or from some debian packages?

IMHO it is neither's fault - things just don't work that way. The package
thinks, it is correct to use defaults from some config file, whereas FAI expects
the package to always use the settings from the debconf database when running
dpkg-reconfigure.

As stated earlier, I'm trying to find a solution within FAI, and I already got
quite far. I'll let you know as soon as it seems to be fixed!

Regards,